Friday, August 28, 2009

My Husband Married a Plus Size Model

Okay, so I see an article on a new book called, Hungry. It strikes a chord with me because I’m on Weight Watchers, and I eat Weight Watchers ice cream 3 times a day, every day--it’s like a religion for me. Sort of. Okay, not really. But food is my obsession and my passion. Some people fantasize about things they shouldn't. I fantasize about onion rings with fry sauce.

Hungry? Yeess I ammm…

So I read on.

Well, Hungry is about a model who was once a size 0 and is now a "plus size" model.

She talks about how the industry is changing, and how women who are bigger, (plus size) deserve to be models too. She goes on and on about how size 0 should no longer be the focus for women or models.

In the mean time, my dieting mind is thinking, “Sweet! If "plus size" is the new size 0--count me in! Screw this stupid diet. Yeeeehaaawww on the bandwagon of fatness!"

So I get even more excited. My mind is racing--I can finally be my plus size self and eat onion rings all day! And secretly, I wanted to stick my tongue out at all the skinny people in the world and say, “Idiots! Plus size is in!"

So I’m reading and singing to myself, “Don’t you wish your mama was hot like me?”--when the music comes to a screeching halt.

This "plus size" model is a size 12.

Ohhhh Pllleaaassssee…

A size 12!

When was size 12 defined as a "plus" size?

If that's the case, I have to work my “plus size” butt off everyday, exercising and doing Weight Watchers, just to stay that size!

I don’t know what made me more angry--the idea that a size 12 is called a “plus size” or the fact that I can’t eat onion rings every day! Total toss up. Oh wait--onion rings definitely won.

Because when I think of being a plus size model, I’m thinking waaay bigger than a size 12! Give us chubby chicks a break here! I mean the industry is finally realizing that some of us have Italian genes and love food, and THIS--THIS IS OUR BIG BREAK?

Idiots.

The bright side is that I get to tell my husband he’s married to model material. Not just any model, a plus size model.

Ooohh Baby.


So at the end of the day, the fashion industry has tried to make me feel fat and plus size-ish even when I'm not! Maybe I won’t be a "plus size" model after all, cause that five seconds of considering it was pretty intense.

5 comments:

  1. I am a size 12 and it took weight watchers to get me there! I am happy being that because I can enjoy life a little bit, my husband thinks I look good, and I am not "hungry"! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista!! Thank you! We do look good at that weight and I don't think it's fair that the fashion industry catagorizes us as a "heavier" type of body. We are not! We look good. IF I were any skinner -I'd look like an anorexic! Yea us! WE are hot just the way we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, you look great! I don't think you are a plus size at all. Anyone who thinks that has got to be crazy in the head. Looking at you inspires me to "want" to exercise. I won't say that I'm fully committed to exercising yet, but I want to look as good as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm plus size and I am HOT and I mean HOT!! If you don't believe it, I will tell you! BTW this comes up as Amy saying this, but it's not... it's ME. Her MOM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! You're singing my song girl! I only WISH I was a size 12 again! Ha! It will happen!!! I'm determined! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete